- You eat a lot. You can put some serious food down in that belly of yours. Some favorite foods these past few months have been pork tenderloin, strawberries, cheese, mandarin oranges, broccoli, peas and green beans. More recently, you have started liking frozen peas, plain pasta, homemade macaroni and cheese, nectarines and plums (you eat them whole), graham crackers (which you don't get all that often) and goldfish.
- You are walking all over the place and certainly have a mind of your own on where you want to be. You love to walk the three houses down from our house to the park and to climb over the edge of the park to get into the mulched area. Just this past weekend, you started enjoying going down the slide. You're a bit of a daredevil, climbing on everything and it's a bit unnerving. Dad and I are getting a workout trying to keep up with you.
- You're talking a whole lot of gibberish but I know you have some good words in that little brain of yours. You're obviously soaking up all of the words you hear and you know what things are. When I ask "where is daddy", "where's Thumper" or "where's the dog"; when I tell you to "get your shoe"s or "let's go outside", you answer properly. You LOVE going outside. Rainy days are tough right now.
- You're sleeping well. You go to bed at 6:30 every night. You take a bath, we brush your teeth (which you hate), get on your jammies and we nurse, then read 3 books and sing 3 songs. Dad and I both do the bedtime routine with you. You wake up once a night to nurse and sleep until anywhere from 5:15 to 6:30, depending on the night. You're taking one nap a day (for the most part) for 2-3 hours. Sometimes you'll cat nap in the morning for 45 minutes.
- You're doing great at daycare. You're in the "ones" room now and get along great in there. You're learning so much just by watching the older kids. Just this morning, I saw you climb onto the horse they have in the room and start jumping up and down on it. I know you've seen other kids do this and now it's something you're enjoying now that you're big enough to do it on your own, too! I'm glad you're in daycare because you seem to thrive from watching other kids do things. You're also learning so much more than I could have hoped for.
- Some fun things:
- You love your belly button. It has taken the place of your neck as your go-to comfort pinching place. You suck your left thumb and pinch your belly with your right hand. You love other people's belly buttons and love to stick your finger in mine.
- You are gentle with the dog (for the most part) and you love it when she licks your face.
- You have learned how to climb up the stairs but aren't so good at coming down them yet. You like to go down the stairs by holding our hands and walking down. I don't think you're going to learn the belly crawl down the stairs.
- You give hugs and love to be held by me, sometimes by your Dad. You do seem to have a Mommy preference right now.
- You will throw a tantrum when you don’t get your way. They are interesting and we’re just dealing with them the best way possible. If you hurt yourself, we give you a hug. If you have a tantrum for no reason, we try our best to ignore it until you get up and find something else to do or ask for a hug.
- Your favorite toys are the shape sorter, your kitchen (opening and closing doors) and oddly enough, you’ve gotten interested in your music table again recently.
Learning about how spoons work. Yogurt is a good "sticky" food to help get used to moving food from the tray to her mouth.
It does get a bit messy....
One of those afore-mentioned tantrums...
Another fun past-time, emptying the diaper basket. The good news is, she now empties it and then, if she doesn't get distracted, puts them all back in!
Getting so big. This was during a trip to our local kids museum - Marbles.
A great hair-do in the tub.
This age is a LOT of fun. Sure, there are some down moments. There are tantrums and fights to get into the carseat. The good so very much out-weigh the bad, though. We love this little girl with all of our hearts and get so much joy from watching her grow and learn every day.
Some time this week I plan on talking about our recent trip to Ohio. Hopscotch and I flew by ourselves to Cleveland for a long weekend to visit my Gram. It was interesting, to say the least!